Jan 27, 2020
UofM 2019-2020 Graduate Catalog
The calendar is subject to change at any time prior to or during an academic term due to emergencies or causes beyond the reasonable control of the institution, including severe weather, loss of utility services, or orders by federal or state agencies.
Fall Semester 2019
- August 26: Classes begin, full and first sessions
- September 2: Holiday: Labor Day
- October 11: Last day of classes/exams, first session
- October 123-15: Fall Break
- October 16: First day of classes, second session
- November 27-December 1: Holiday: Thanksgiving
- December 4: Classes end, full and second sessions
- December 4: Second session exams
- December 5: Study Day
- December 6-12: Final examinations
- December 15: Commencement
Spring Semester 2020
- January 21: Holiday: M. L. King, Jr.
- January 20: Classes begin, full and first sessions
- March 6: Last day of classes/exams, first session
- March 7-15: Spring Break
- March 16: First day of classes, second session
- April 29: Classes end, full and second sessions
- April 29: Second session examsApril 30: Study Day
- May 1 - May 7: Final examinations
- May 9: Commencement (May 10: Back up date)
To be completed. Check the Registrar’s website for more information.
Study Day Definition: The day prior to final examinations during most regular semesters. No academic activities shall be scheduled on Study Day. No study or review sessions that the student may feel obligated to attend may be scheduled.
Final Examination Period: No examination shall be given at a time other than the scheduled time except with written permission from the department chair and the college dean. No social or athletic functions shall be scheduled during the Final Examination Period.
Intercollegiate athletics are excepted from the above policies.